Privacy & Cookies policy at Satreks LLC
For a better understanding of what we mean by “Trip,” “Trip Provider,” “Trip Service,” and “Trip Reservation,” please read the Satrek´s Terms and Conditions.
We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If you care about your privacy, visit this page regularly to know exactly where you stand. If we make changes to the Privacy Statement which will have an impact on you (e.g. if we intend to process your personal data for other purposes than communicated in the past in this Privacy Statement), we’ll notify you of these changes before the new activities begin.
Personal information that Satreks collect
We can’t help you book the perfect trip to South America without information, so when you use our Platform and services there are certain pieces of information we ask for. For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. When booking with Satreks website we also collect additional information described below.
In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer, phone tablet or other device you’re using to access our services. This can include the IP address, the browser you’re using, and others.
Satreks collects and uses additional information that you provide us. When you make a Trip Reservation, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address, phone, billing company, billing address. We will also send you a form to fill during the booking process with information such as: passport number and expiration date, country of citizenship, date of birth, right or left handed (only for hunters), gun information indicating make, model, serial number, gauge (only for hunters), your special requirements (food preferences, hunting & fishing equipment, others), food allergies/ food restrictions and medical conditions. If you need to get in touch with our customer service team or reach out to us through other means (e.g. through our contact form, phone calls, using social media and others), we’ll collect information from you there, too. Customers can also be asked to provide a review to help ensure future customers get exactly what they’re looking for. We’ll collect information from you included in your reviews, like your display name.
We collect information forms in the “contact” area of the menu: name, email and message. We also collect information from contest in different moments of the year on which you can share our website with your friends, family and colleagues: first name, last name, email.
There are also other instances where you’ll provide us with information. For example, if you’re browsing with mobile device, you can decide to enable Satreks to see your device, current location and other information – this helps us provide you with the best possible service and experience based on our history of other customers located in same locations (e.g. to lodges, or other recommendations). See below (“About Cookies and Tracking technologies”).
When you open a user account, which allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings, or plan and manage future reservations or benefit from other features only available to account holders (such as incentives or other benefits we might offer).
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at the address stated in our website (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email to speed things up. You can also contact us if you believe the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used, or about this Privacy Statement. Please email or write to us using the contact details below. We’ll handle your request in accordance with the applicable US data protection law. You can delete your user account at any time by sending us an email (email@example.com) and we will confirm when the account is removed. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How Payment information is used
Customers have three payment gateways: check, wire transfers and credit card through Paypal. For check and wire Transfer payments, Satreks will give detailed information on how to send your check or do your wire transfer to Satreks account, in the same way you do it in your daily basis, that means that you will not be asked to give us information of any kind. For credit card payment, you will be redirected to PAYPAL.com. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Ways that Satreks collects and use your personal data
The main reason we ask you for personal details is a very good one – it’s to help administer your online bookings and ensure you get the best service possible. We also use your personal data to contact you and inform you about our latest deals, special offers and recommended destinations that we think would interest you and also greeting emails on special dates. There are other uses, too – if you’d like to find out what they are, keep reading for a more detailed explanation.
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
A) Trip Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online Trip Reservation, which is pretty central to what we do as a company! We´ll send you information about your order and process payments.
B) Customer service: We provide customer service from our local office. We’re here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sharing your relevant details, such as reservation information or information about your user account with our staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you to find appropriate destinations and responding to any questions you might have about your Trip Reservation (or any other queries, for that matter).
C) Account facilities: Satreks users can create a user account on our websites. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your Trip Reservations like cart or checkout functionalities, take advantage of special offers, make future Trip Reservations easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings can allow you, check other travel-related information you have provided.
D) Marketing activities: We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include:
- Using your contact information to send you by email any news of travel-related products and services when you make a reservation with us or set up a user account.
- Based on your information, individualized offers and promotions, recommended lodges, greetings email on special dates and newsletters might be shown to you on emails (including social media sites). These could be offers that you can book directly on the Satreks site we think might interest you.
You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and anytime – just click on the “Unsubscribe” link included in every email or newsletter.
E) Communicating with You: There may be other times when we get in touch with you, including by email, mail, phone or text message – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
- Trip Reservations you´ve made: (i) emails which we may send to you about invoices, balance due, (ii) an email which we may send you shortly prior to your arrival date giving you detailed information on your destination and providing you with relevant information to your Trip (Reservation) and destination.
- Responding to and handling any requests you have made, including refunds and complaints.
- If you haven’t finalized a Trip Reservation online, we can contact you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service benefits you as it allows you to carry on with a Trip Reservation without having to search for Trip Provider or fill in your reservation details again.
- When you use our services, we might send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Satreks or the Trip Provider.
- We might also send you other materials related to your reservations, like how to contact Satreks if you need assistance while you’re away, and information that we feel could be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay. We might also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through Satreks.
- Even if you don’t have an upcoming reservation, we might need to send you other administrative messages, which can include security alerts.
f) Market Research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
G) Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow travelers, Satreks’s business partners, and our Trip Providers, we might use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we might use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and reservations. For such purposes, we might have to stop certain reservations or put reservations on hold until we’ve finished our assessment.
H) Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use. We strive to only use pseudonymized data for these analytical purposes.
We also use personal data to improve our portfolio of lodges, hotels, tour and any other product or services offerings.
I) Guest reviews and other destination-related information: During and after the
Trip you book through us, you might be invited to submit a review. We can also enable guests traveling with you or on whose behalf you have booked to provide a review. This request asks for information about the Trip Provider or the destination.
By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed on (as described in detail in our Terms and Conditions) the relevant Trip Provider information page on our websites, our, our social media accounts, and social media apps, or on the online platform. This is to inform other travelers about the quality of the Trip Service you used, the destination you have chosen or other experiences you choose to share If you indicate whether a guest review is helpful or not, we’ll aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information you share with us in an anonymous form. This is to help other travelers like you find the right destination and the best accommodations for their needs.
J) Call Monitoring: When you make calls to our Customer Service Team, Satreks uses a telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations – this can help save time for both you and our customer support staff. Our customer service staff may still ask for authentication, which ensures your reservation details are kept confidential.
During calls with our customer service team, live listening might be done or calls could be recorded for quality control and training purposes, which includes the usage of the recordings for the handling of claims and fraud detection purposes.
Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted, unless Satreks has a legitimate interest to keep a recording for a longer period, e.g. for fraud investigation and legal purposes.
To process your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we’ll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes
- In view of purpose A and B, Satreks relies on the legal basis that the processing of the personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, specifically to finalize and administer your Trip Reservation. If the required personal data is not provided, Satreks cannot finalize the Trip Reservation, nor can we provide customer service. In view of purposes C to J, Satreks relies on its legitimate commercial business interest to provide its services, to prevent fraud, and to improve its services. For purpose K, Satreks also relies where applicable on compliance with legal obligations (such as lawful law enforcement requests). Where needed under applicable law, Satreks will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Connecting to a Satrek´s social media
Here at Satreks, we use social media in different ways. We use it to advertise and promote our business and services and to improve and facilitate our own services to customers by allowing them to messaging us. We also use it partly to facilitate the use of online reservation services.
When you register with a Satreks social or social media messaging service, the information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available in your social media profile (including your email address, status updates and a list of your contacts).
When you click on one of the buttons (such as Facebook’s “Like” button) certain information is shared with these social media providers. If you’re logged in to your social media account at the same time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account and possibly present your actions on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
Other social media services and features: We may also integrate other social media services (like social media messaging) to interact with Satreks or with your contacts about our services.
Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data whenever you connect with Satreks through them.
About Cookies and Tracking technologies
We retain personal all data collected or processed by the web site and other platform indefinitely.
Passwords will, however, always be encrypted.
We use Google Analytics and other companies or platforms such us (Facebook, Instagram, Bing, Yahoo, Zoho CRM) , to collect information, when you use our online site, in the form of various usage and user metrics. We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use Satreks Platform. This means we can find out what works and what doesn’t, optimize and improve our websites, understand the effectiveness of advertisements and communications, and ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather can include which web pages you’ve viewed, which referring/exit pages you’ve entered and left from, which platform type you’ve used, which emails you’ve opened and acted upon, and date and time stamp info.
It also means we can use details about how you interacted with the site and our emails, like the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use, and the text you enter into various fields. We use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website or apps after they’ve been shown an online advertisement.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your personal browser options. In the settings for browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject.
For more detailed information about cookie management just visit allaboutcookies.org or management on your specific web browser, consult your browser’s official website.
About Google Ad Cookies
- Remarketing: Enables data collection for Display and Search Remarketing. This includes data from Google’s signed-in users who have chosen to enable Google to associate their web and app browsing history with their Google account, and to use such information from their Google account to personalize ads.
- Advertising report functions: Allows Satreks LLC to enable ad reporting features, such as audience interest and demographics reports, DoubleClick Campaign Manager reports, DoubleClick Bid Manager reports, and Google Display Network impressions reports.
To learn more about Google products, how the information sent by your browsers is used and how you can control the information sent to Google, check out this resource How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.